The alliance has released NBASE-T PHY interface specifications, and has adopted a first version of a single-port USXGMII MAC-PHY specification.
- The PHY specifications support 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps rates over 100m of Category 5e or better cabling with a bit error rate of less than 10e-12.
- NBASE-T Physical Layer Specification version 2.3
- The MAC-PHY specification facilitates system development by enabling simple multivendor interconnection of MAC and PHY components.
The alliance is exploring the industry need for additional specifications to further enable the market.
For more information, please contact the NBASE-T Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org
USXGMII Overview and Access Instructions:
- Go to https://developer.cisco.com/site/devnet/home/
- First time: Select ‘Login’ (top left corner) then create Cisco ID
- Select “Browse” tab on the top left -> Technologies -> Networking
- On the lower right, select USGMII-USXGMII
- Following the instructions to accept conditions and download/view the specs